2009-04-05

Two misses

Here is a crazy 5 + 5 minutes game. White missed two nice sacrifices that would have immediately ended the game.

Jyrki Heikkinen (2082) — Petteri Laihonen (2218), Jyväskylä, Finland, 2004

1.d4 Nf6 2.Nc3 d5 3.e4 Nxe4 4.Nxe4 dxe4 5.Bc4 e6 6.Nh3

A typical move in the Hübsch Gambit.

6...c5 7.d5 e5 8.Ng5 Bf5 9.d6 Bg6 10.Qd5 Nd7??

11.Nxf7?

Ouch! How come I missed 11.Qxf7+! Bxf7 12.Bxf7#.

11...Qf6 12.Nxh8 O-O-O 13.Nxg6 Qxg6

14.O-O

Ouch again! 14.Ba6! bxa6 15.Qc6+ Kb8 16.Qc7+ Ka8 17.Qxd8+ (I missed this one in my quick analysis) Nb8 18.Qxf8 +-.

14...Bxd6

White is a rook up, but as sometimes happens in blitz, Black was able to win the game anyway.

1 comment:

Eric le Diemerophile said...

Hello

My name is Eric JEGO, a french chess player and I discovered the BDG one year ago. Since this time I collect some informations on the web and compile it on my computer and use also chessbase for my own work before playing it in official games.

I recently bought 10 books or magzines about this chess opening to know the blackside abd whiteside thinking. Seing my work, my wife advise me to write a book on. In fact, there is only one book written in french with Diemer's game autobiography. And I would like to expend it with every chess player. My interest is for the opening not for the player whom popularized her.

1/ Today, I would like to know if you agree with me for using some games of your site and blog ? I don't want to translate or use the analysis

2/ Today, I would like to know if you agree with me for mentionning some general citation or statistic you did if I precise you are the autor ?

3/ Do you have any recommandations for me about written a book ? It's my first and probably the only one ! My prevision is the edition for January 2010 I hope.

Thank you very much for your answer !

Best regards, Eric